About Bridge to Success
2208 W. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL, 60622
Bridge to Success is the only workforce development bridge organization of its kind serving both at-risk men, women and young adults citywide in the Chicago metropolitan area. Bridge to Success was founded in 2006 by interested Chicagoans who wanted to make an impact on poverty and employment in the metropolitan Chicago area.
- Taxpayers are saved approximately $11,000 for every man and woman who gains successful employment
- Job readiness, combined with confidence in one's appearance, allows men and women to focus on learning their jobs, keeping their jobs and advancing to higher paying positions.
- 85% of individuals turned down following a first interview are declined due to their appearance.
- When a man or woman is dressed appropriately for an interview and, ultimately for their job, it assists with building their sense of self-worth and self-confidence.
- Bridge to Success is needed now more than ever. We make a real difference in determining whether our clients will continue to live in poverty or on welfare assistance.
Board of Directors
Peter Van Veen
Susan Van Veen
Bridge to Success, a Chicago area based non-profit, was incorporated on June 6, 2006 and holds a 501 (c)3 charitable designation from the IRS. The mission of Bridge to Success is to enhance employment opportunities for at-risk, low-income, no-income men, women, and young adults by providing high-end interview and workplace appropriate clothing, coupled with coaching, to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and sense of belonging at the workplace.
Located in Chicago's South Loop area, Bridge to Success is the only city-wide appearance and interview preparation program serving men, women and young adults in the Chicago area. Housed in a boutique like street level space, Bridge to Success offers a full-service shopping experience to each client.
Bridge to Success is also a social enterprise endeavor with a trifurcated focus. As a social enterprise, Bridge to Success uses business methods and market-based strategies to achieve its primary social mission and add value.
The primary focus and social mission of Bridge to Success is the enhancement of employment opportunities for at-risk men, women, and young adults by providing high-end interview and workplace appropriate clothing, coupled with coaching, to build self-confidence through appearance, interview preparation and sense of belonging at the workplace.
The secondary focus is the operation of a high-end resale boutique, The Bottomline, for the purpose of financial sustainability and the strategic use of donated assets (designer/couture label and overstocked client clothing). The resale store is open to the general public. The resale store offers clients the ability to shop for additional clothing for the workplace at discounted prices.
The tertiary focus of Bridge to Success is to serve as a transitional jobs employment site for individuals leaving job training programs requiring actual and immediate work experience to enable them to find permanent employment.